Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Tree for Mental Health

This is the beginning of my layout for the tree piece I am doing for a fund raiser for Canadian Mental Health at Bottega next week.  At the event, the participants will be able to add leaves to the tree using a variety of materials and they will have the option to write words on their leaves. I am very excited about the project and I look forward to see the tree completely felted and fulled and full of leaves.
At the end of the evening the tree will be auctioned off.
My studio isn't big enough to make a pieces this size. So don't tell my kid, but I used one of his old paintings as a board to create a surface for the lay out. I did cover the painting with plastic so it wouldn't get wet.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Judith! Your work here looks amazing and is for a great cause!
    I so miss seeing you every Saturday!
    I hope you are well!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete