Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sculpture and Hats


I am still fascinated by faces sculptured in wool. I really have no desire to make them look like someone or some character, I prefer to leave them vague so that the viewer can do the interpreting. I want the faces to invoke in the viewer an idea of what this face is about...the stories behind the face. As I begin my 4th year project, I find myself enjoying the vagueness of what these faces could be or what stories they will tell. As I finished this blue hat...a combo of my stash...think I will make more for Fabulous Finds...I put it on my face to photograph and all of a sudden the story was there. My challenge is how to get this face to talk....though Alek, my professor, has given me some ideas...I don't know if I'll get there this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment