Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Abstraction and Soap

I think its fun to make the fleece covered soap. Everytime I make one it ends up more elaborate. I am not really one for needle felting images onto the soap as you often seen on Etsy. The first ones I made were mostly different colours, but now they are colour and texture and fibre and things hanging off of them. I am not surprised that they resemble my paintings. As I was making the last ones, I felt as if I was using different textures and mediums just like I did in my paintings. I want them to be interesting. I want one to be able to discover all the different nuances of colour and texture in this small surface.I went to the health food store and bought a natural soap from Mountain Sky was in crafted here in British Columbia in the Kootenay's.They even have my favourite flavour Fennel.
http://www.mountainskysoap.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment