Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cabinet of Curiosities


This is one of my sculptures in the cabinet. They weren't that easy to photograph in the cabinet and they were changed up a little bit in order to fit in the small space. They were really fun to make. I had found perfect circle cut outs at Action Metal. I went back when there was snow in order to find more as there is no way I could plasma cut the steel into such perfect circles. They are perfect to use in my classical sculpture podium pieces.
I didn't use all of them yet and will probably make a few more for the show next year. This is the first time that the wool and the steel complimented each other.
It wasn't the steel was holding the felt or vice versa but they are beginning to have a conversation with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment