Sunday, February 6, 2011

Motel Installation



The first part of the installation went up today. I hung the balls only to realize I will probably need twice as many. It is starting to look interesting. I made about 30 balls so far and hung them with invisible thread. I still have to spray paint the hooks white.
Each ball has a magnet attached to the bottom. I made sticks with magnets on them and if the viewer takes a stick and places it close to the ball, it will hopefully resist. Sometimes it will stick and that sends the balls swirling. I also made felt attachments with magnets and the viewer can take these and move it around.
It isn't finished yet, as my room partner hasn't added her pieces yet. It should be really interesting. More to come.

1 comment:

  1. The room looks great so far Judith. I can't wait to see and photograph it tomorrow. :]

    ReplyDelete